Friday, October 30, 2009

Relish Real Weddings: Tim & Julie Tupper





About the Couple:
Julie moved to Nashville from South Dakota in September 2007. Tim grew up in California but has lived here for several years now. Julie works for the FDIC and Tim works as a videographer for CBN on programs like the 700 Club. They both travel frequently with their jobs. Tim also just joined the National Guard last year and will be deployed to Iraq early next year. [Thank you Tim for your service to our country!] Julie & Tim met through an event at their church.


Couple’s Names: Julie Mitchell & Tim Tupper

How did he propose?
Tim proposed on New Year’s Eve. I had kinda hoped he would pop the question at Christmas, but nope. On New Year’s Eve, we went to church, and afterwards he planned on having some people over for a fireworks display. I didn’t think much of it because he likes doing that kind of thing. But, I did find it odd that, when people came over that night, there were a couple people with cameras and even one with a video camera. Well, the fireworks went off, and there were ooh’s and aah’s. And then somebody started handing out sparklers to everybody. I thought to myself…I do NOT want to do sparklers. But, someone had come around and offered me a sparkler, so I took one. I was having my own little party with my sparkler, and Tim found me and then he grabbed my hand and was taking me somewhere. At that moment, I realized what was happening. People were forming a circle with sparklers in hand, and Tim was taking me in the middle to propose. I couldn’t believe I hadn’t figured this out! Nonetheless, he said a few words and then got down on one knee and popped the question! (I said yes, BTW!)

Wedding Date: July 26, 2009

Location: Scarritt-Bennett Center in Nashville

Colors & why you chose them:
Red and sparkly…wanted something classic (with the red) and something glamorous (with the sparkly!)



Tell us about your vendors. Who did you use?

Dress: The White Room, Lebanon





Flowers: Enchanted Florist



Venue: Scarritt-Bennett Center



Photographer: Phindy Studios



Cake: Signature Cakes





Rings: Elegant Diamonds, Jared



Hair & Makeup: Bella Kru



Wedding Coordinator: Ever After Weddings & Events [*this vendor was highlighted in our blog posted this past Wednesday. Click here to view the blog.]



I don’t know that I would have done anything differently! If I had had more time, I would have loved to have been a little creative and done some things on my own. Also, we would have eaten more of the food, especially the cake! We really only got a few bites altogether! We hope to be able to order some cake for an anniversary some day!

What was the special touch you added to your day that was unique?
For the guest book, I bought a scrapbook and put a few photos of us in it and then put some lined pieces of paper on a few pages for our guests to write their names. I plan to add photos from our engagement session and wedding day to make it into a scrapbook of our wedding.



What was a surprise?
Fortunately, I don’t think there were any surprises that day!

What is one memory you will never forget?
How short the ceremony actually was!

Would you recommend Relish invitations / getrelish.com & Why?
Most definitely! Relish helped me find the invitations and wedding programs that were just right! They went the extra mile to get the invitations and wedding programs to my satisfaction!



Congrats Julie & Tim from all of us at Relish! May you enjoy the journey for the rest of your lives!

No comments: