Monday, May 24, 2010

Spring Brings Pastel Things



I must admit that I love bright, bold colors. It's evident in most of the designs I create. In fact, I tend to shudder at the idea of pastels. I think it's because growing up, I was enveloped in pastels. My bedroom went from shades of light blue and pale yellow to peach and white. I considered lavender my very favorite color. However, I think that after I reached a certain age and independence I wanted to break out and start living more boldly (like a woman instead of a girl) and that helped shape my grown-up color preferences (FYI: Fuchsia is now my fave).


However, lately I am beginning to warm back up to the "cools". A big reason for that is the wedding industry has introduced beautiful new ways to express yourself in pastels that while they are still feminine, they are somehow becoming more bold as well. [Check out the Christian Louboutin shoes!] So, whether you are a Pastel Princess or part of the pastel resistance like me - you won't be able to deny these beautiful new trends. And you may even find yourself loving the softer side for your own beautiful wedding day.



I love these After 6 dresses from Dessy.com in the Inspiration Board. Here's a larger version of one:



What better way to bring pastels in than by mother nature herself who loves pastels in beautiful floral arrangements! Check out this beautiful arrangement from Nashville's own Fresh by CarryAnn:



And what's a wedding without CAKE? Here is a beautiful cake idea we found from a New York inspiration board which has a bolder approach to pastel. This cake is from Savages Bakery in Birmingham, AL.



Here is a beautiful cake from Nashville's fave The Bake Shoppe:



Prefer cupcakes? Try this beautiful assortment from our favorite Cakes By Shara (they taste even better than they look!)



We also love these favors from Wedding Favors Unlimited (although, we suggest ditching the matching candy and add yellow or something to mix it up!):



And last, but not least, you have to have the perfect invitation! As seen in the inspiration board above, check out Relish to go as bold or as Pastel Pretty as you want!



So while I still prefer bold, I might add Lavender back into my life, especially if it comes in those shoes! ;)

No comments: