Friday, March 27, 2009

Deal breakers! (and makers!)

I obviously fall under the "future bride" (way future) category. Unlike a lot of single girls my age, I can honestly say that I enjoy being single. Of course I look forward to sharing my life with a hunka-hunka-burnin'-love someday, but in the meantime I'm plenty occupied trying to keep track of myself :P

That said, when I was 15 I was really into Aretha Franklin. I listened to one particular album over and over, and decided that her version of "You Send Me" was going to be my first dance when I get married. I'm a pretty flexible person, but if said future-hunka-hunka-burnin'-love objects-- um, deal breaker. This is not negotiable. Aretha is singin' me into the first dance. Period.

I have mentioned before that there are just a few things that I truly consider "important" about my future wedding. Until now, I had never made an actual list (being part of Relish, wedding-dreaming is inevitable, people) So, I decided to see just how reasonable (or unreasonable) my forward thinking really is. So here it is.

Rebecca's Deal Makers
1. My sunflower bouquet
2. Awesome photographer
3. Affordable (but fabulous) bridesmaid dresses-- this one is close to my heart, haha.
4. Funky cake
5. Simple (but fabulous) decor
6. First Dance Song "You Send Me"
7. Father/Daughter dance "House at Pooh Corner" by Kenny Loggins. Oh, the tears! (my dad used to sing/play that to me every night when I was little)
8. Last Dance "Save the Last Dance" Michael Buble

You officially know more about me than 90% of my friends. Ha. More importanly, though- it's important to remember that no wedding will ever be the portrait of perfection. There will always be something that doesn't happen that was planned, or something that DOES happen that's unplanned. The moral of the story is that it's a marriage not a wedding... no matter how long your list is. :)



No comments: