Monday, March 30, 2009

Marital Bliss and Superheroes.




I had the sincere pleasure of being a bridesmaid this weekend. I thought this was #8, but figured out I've been forgetting one. So this made me Bridesmaidx9!

That has to qualify me for some type of Superhero status, right? I mean, it's not exactly a walk in the park... It takes physical stamina (working out to fit in the dress-- with an emphasis on calve muscles to prevent soreness from 10 hours in heels), it takes incredible focus (my personal "ceremony mantra" is: don't lock your knees, don't lock your knees), and most importantly, being a bridesmaid forces you to be versatile. Much like Superwoman, it's important to be able to adapt to whatever is needed of you at any given moment (ie: buying AND wearing ANY dress and hairstyle that is desired by the bride, regardless of how it looks with your complexion,body type or face shape).

Fortunately, I have had great experiences with my bride-friends. Especially this time... All of us bridemaids were smitten with our deep purple dresses and the assignment to wear "funky shoes". The whole wedding was personal, intimate and most of all, FUN... Well, except for the Ringbearer in the pic above. :) Come back on Wednesday for fun wedding details (invitations, flowers, centerpieces)... See you soon!

No comments: