Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Become a Long With Me - Welcome to one Relish Bride's journey!


Every little girl dreams of her big day...the white dress, friends and family surrounding her, and PRINCE CHARMING! I am very fortunate to have all those things, and you get to come along on my journey on becoming a Long! I am so honored that I was asked to be a guest blogger. I am in the crucial part of the planning process-and since we've moved to Ohio, I'm having to plan it out of town. It is still very fun, but it creates a new stress level. I've been very lucky to not have any breakdowns yet...but I'm sure they're coming!

Since this is the first blog, it will be the INTRO blog. Dean Long and I had been dating for almost 4 years when he proposed. He popped the question in Seoul, South Korea, when him, my mother, and I were on vacation visiting her side of the family. He proposed on October 2, 2009 on the top floor of the Seoul Tower North. We are getting married on October 2, 2010 in Nashville, TN...exactly 2 years from the proposal.



I have chosen black and white with Tiffany blue accents as the wedding colors. I wanted classic and elegant, with a pop of color! Damask is making a debut at the wedding too...I love this print, but didn't want it everywhere. I've included an idea palette below.


Here is where I'm at in the wedding planning agenda.
Guest list: 175
Ceremony venue: Cathedral of the Incarnation- my DREAM venue...always wanted to get married there!
Reception venue, Catering, Hotel Accommodations: Marriott at Vanderbilt
Photographer: Gina Bilyeu Photography-love her!
Dress: Second Time Around by Peggy
Cake: Dulce Desserts
Bridesmaid dresses: Alfred Angelo
Tuxes: Men's Wearhouse
Save the dates & invites: Relish
Registry: Target & Bed Bath and Beyond
DJ: DigiRob Productions

I still have plenty to do, and since I plan on doing a lot of it myself (bridesmaids' and my bouquets, favors, etc.) I will definitely stay busy, but am looking forward to sharing all of my ups (and downs) during my last few months of planning!

Tune in next Wednesday to see where we decided to go on our Honeymoon!

No comments: