Friday, June 18, 2010

It's Friday We're in Love with... Father-Daughter Dances

In honor of the upcoming weekend, we thought we'd take a peek at the special place dads have in weddings, specifically the beautiful father-daughter dance.

This past weekend I was honored to attend the wedding of some of our dearest friends, Keith & Kelly. They are blending their beautiful families together and during the reception they had a daughter dance that was between both of them and their 3 princesses. I do not normally cry at weddings but watching them dance with their beautiful little girls set off a tear storm. The song was "I danced with Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman (listen here)

Not every little girl is blessed with a wonderful father. I was personally blessed that mine chose to love me (I was adopted by my maternal grandparents early in life) My "daddy" and I are very close and some of my best moments in my entire life are him walking me down the aisle (he made jokes during our long walk) and dancing with him at the reception. We danced to "Because You Loved Me" by Celine Dion.



For your special day, think of songs that may have been special between you growing up. Or choose from some of these popular and very touching Father / Daughter dance songs. These are the Top 10 as of last year (as listed here)
  1. Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle
  2. Because you Loved Me by Celine Dion
  3. You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban
  4. There You'll Be by Faith Hill
  5. The Way You Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra
  6. Hero by Mariah Carey
  7. Dance with My Father by Luther Vandross
  8. What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
  9. Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler
  10. I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston

Thanks to all wonderful fathers out there. And to my special dad, thank you so very much for your years of love and support that mean more to me than I can put into words. I love you very much and appreciate you this Father's Day and every day. I truly AM who I am today because you (and mom) loved me.








Have a great weekend everyone and Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there!

No comments: